Perrysburg Musical Theatre Company (PMT) is a non-profit community theatre based in Perrysburg, Ohio.
Our mission is to entertain, educate and empower artists and audiences, thereby enriching the cultural life of the Greater Perrysburg area; to create opportunities for children and adults to develop talents, provide hands-on learning experiences in all aspects of theatre production and management, and ultimately provide quality family entertainment for our valued supporters.
- To appreciate and understand the processes of the performing arts and particularly those of the live stage performance.
- To channel and develop talent and imagination in all phases of production both onstage and backstage.
- To provide a variety of performing arts experiences.
- To produce productions of professional quality within limitations of budget constraints.
- To present and sponsor other producing organizations and productions that would enhance and complement our own productions.
- To encourage and nurture young talent in the performing arts.
- To create new audiences with particular emphasis on children.
- To provide a training ground for future performers, designers, and production personnel.
- To present, within budget parameters, professional performers and designers.
- To provide training and instruction in the performing arts.
- To provide live stage experiences artistically and professionally competitive with films and television.
Carrie Sanderson & Jody Madaras
History of the Company:
In 2009, while returning from a musical rehearsal in Michigan, Katie Sanderson commented to her mother Carrie, "Mom, how come we have to drive to Michigan to be in a show?" It was from this simple question that the idea for PMT was born. Within months, Carrie Sanderson contacted Pemberville-native and professional actor Jody Madaras; enlisting his assistance. A series of meetings were scheduled, including a public forum meeting, and a word-of-mouth effort led to the formation of PMT.
Members of the Perrysburg Musical Theatre shall be classified as follows:
- Active Members - Those members who actively participate in the functions of PMT in accordance with the criteria established from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Sustaining Members - Those persons who support the efforts of PMT as either Patrons or Archangels or in some other capacity in accordance with the criteria established from time to time by the Board of Directors.
- Founding Members - Those members who, through their efforts were instrumental in the founding of PMT.
- Honorary Members - Any person who shall from time to time, be selected to be so honored by the Board of Directors.
- Life Member - Those members who, in each of at least ten (10) years, have actively participated in PMT by: Having paid annual dues (if applicable) or been a Founding Member, and having been one of the following:
- Active in at least one production
- A committee chairman for at least one production
- A member of the Board of Directors
Participation in the Perrysburg Musical Theatre Company is open to anyone interested in the furtherance of the theatrical and performing arts in our community.
Participation can include, but is not limited to:
- Performing in a production
- Technical assistance
- Serving on the board of directors
- Fundraising activities
- Serving as a volunteer helper with the company